Monday, July 16, 2007

The Rastaman's Dick

I've been many places in my travels: Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America, even to the Middle East. Let me tell you what all these places have in common...

They all sell pot pipes with Rasta dudes with huge schlongs that you smoke dope out of their dicks.

Not being a pot smoker myself I don't go out of my way to find proper pot smoking accoutrement, but it's hard to escape. Every market, shopping area, mall, or fair sells them. Why even at revered sites like the ruins of Pompeii, the Roman aqueduct in Istanbul, or in a thatched hut in the Dominican Republic you can find the familiar rastaman with cock pot pipe.

I wonder what Rasta related merchandise is even doing in a place like Greece, Malta, or Costa Rica. Surely there are no Rastas there. I know that these are sold to the same dumb American Tourists that also but the "One Tequila, Two Tequila, three tequila FLOOR!" T-shirt with the name of the place or who make a b-line for the local Hard Rock or Hooters. But come on guys! Try varying up your pot pipes. Make it a local thing. Perhaps a Mt. Vesuvius bong or a Lake Titicaca owl pipe would be better.

Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe the rastaman pot pipe with the giant schlong is the thing that unites us all. Maybe it is simply an expression of our shared humanity to want to smoke dope out of a dreadlock wearing blackman's cock...You be the judge.

No comments: